Most of us, at some point in our lives, are presented with the opportunity to reinvent ourselves. If you change your job, move to a different town or even country, you can tidy up all the loose ends in your recent past and step out into a brand-new persona.
You can change the way you dress, live, and how you show up in life. This is a particularly refreshing time for those people who welcome change, because it gives them a reason and a purpose to change everything at the same time.
If you relish the opportunity to change, consider these Top 10 Tips for reinventing yourself:
- Avoid giving in to what is expected, reasonable, sensible, or appropriate. The point here is to enjoy yourself. For example:
- If you’ve been ‘the grey suit guy’ all your life and you want to be the Hawaiian Shirt guy, just do it.
- If you’ve been ‘the modest condo guy’, and you secretly lusted after a penthouse suite with views of the ocean, find one.
- And if you’ve always been the ‘BMW sedan guy’ but love the idea of driving a 55 Chevy pick-up, this is your time to shine. People will notice that you live life according to your own rules, and you can enjoy every minute of it!
- If you’re in a new job or locale, this is a time to make new friends. Choose carefully and wisely. You don’t need to be everybody’s friend.
- Keep your circle small. Sound people out and use your new friends to sound out new places and potential new hobbies too. Others will notice that you’re friendly but have a private side too.
- Practice being a great listener. You’ll be amazed at what you can learn about people, places, and everything else if you just listen. Ask lots of questions. You’re new here and others will expect you to ask questions. Ask some good ones…and listen.
- A surprising perk of this technique is that others will refer to you as a great conversationalist!
- Take time to explore the area …. alone. You’ll notice and appreciate more if you’re alone. Take pictures and make notes. It will make for great conversations later!
- Be a good neighbor. Take time to help others. Practice random acts of kindness at every opportunity.
- Others will appreciate you and speak well of you, especially if you help with no thought of a reward. Do it because you can and for no other reason.
- Stand up and speak out for things you have a passion for. Let others know that you are both willing and able to make your point, debate an issue, or speak up for those who have no voice. People will notice that you are selfless and put others before yourself.
- Start early. Show that you have a zest for life and can’t wait to get at it each day. Walk quickly and with purpose. Always be the first to volunteer for everything.
- You will win some and you will lose some, but overall, you will win because everyone will know you as the one who is up for everything.
- Be generous with your praise for everybody who has earned it. Giving credit to others will show how much you appreciate them, and it will come back to you tenfold.
- Keep yourself fit and healthy. Set a good example. You don’t have to go crazy – just eat healthy, drink plenty of water, and do some form of exercise that raises your heart rate for 30 minutes each day.
- The pay-off is phenomenal. Others will notice you and be inspired, which, in turn, will inspire you to continue.
- Thank others – for everything, all the time. Show your gratitude to as many people as you can, as often as you can. Most people are starved of thanks for a job well done, for sharing their wisdom, or for acknowledging their kindness.
- People will appreciate you forever if you show them gratitude for good words and deeds.
Most of the time, our mind runs on autopilot because how we show up in life is directed by our subconscious mind. When you turn the job over to your conscious mind and really put some thought into it, amazing things can happen.
People’s perception of you can change in a heartbeat if you apply any one of these Top 10 Tips. If you apply yourself to all 10, you will, indeed, be a completely different person – one that you consciously designed. Try it – you’ll like it!
Mostly ChatGBT (I will eventually clean it up) The use of psychedelics for personal growth and healing has gained significant attention in recent years. This guidebook aims to provide valuable […]